NubAbility Athletics Coach
“I have learned that the biggest failures don’t happen when we make mistakes. They happen we we refuse to even try. If I can help motivate someone in or outside the gym, then my day is made.”
Limb Difference: Traumatic/Medical (Bone Cancer)
Type: Missing Right Leg, Below Knee
Sport: Strength Training, Speed + Strength
During Brad’s final football game of his senior year in high school, he suffered a knee injury. After a closer look, it turned out he was suffering from osteosarcoma cancer in his right tibia. After a year of chemotherapy, a knee replacement was recommend. However, the surgery ended his chance of continuing to play basketball in college.
In 2012, Brad was forced to amputate his leg below the knee due to the titanium knee. Following up the surgery, he pursued a career in power-lifting and continues to train for strongman competitions as well.
Sports + Highlights:
● 2nd Place – America’s Strongest Athlete With Disabilities 2018 (Columbus, OH)
● 3rd Place – World’s Strongest Disabled Man 2018 (Bodø, Norway)
● Southern Powerlifting Federation (SPF) National Record in 450 lb Category for the Bench Press – Raw; Disabled Division – Submasters (20-39) – 259 lb weight class
● Brad and Holly (his wife) have 3 kids: Preston (15), Lydia (13), and Silas (6), who they adopted in 2018
● Founder of Ampustrong, which is a non-profit dedicated to amputees and strength sports
Connect with Coach
Are you a parent or athlete interested in contacting Coach Brad? Please email our office below explaining why you would like to connect. Our team would love to help!
COACH BRAD’S SOCIAL MEDIA:
SPONSOR A Coach
Your donation offsets NubAbility’s expenses for coach: meals, lodging, apparel, travel, personal equipment, insurance, training and team building opportunities.