CAMP PROGRAMMING INTERN
We are looking for a reliable camp programming intern to work in tandem with our Executive Director. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in sports management, event planning or physical education to gain hands-on experience in the planning and implementation of sports camps across the country.
– Work in tandem with the Executive Director to ensure a successful implementation of camps.
– Assist in problem-solving issues that may arise.
– Ensure we have the equipment needed to operate successfully.
– Organize, price, and inventory sports equipment.
– Create an inventory tracking method to ensure all NubAbility-owned equipment makes it to and from camp locations.
– Attend meetings with donors and sponsors to learn how to fund events.
– Create materials needed for meetings with volunteers, coaches, and staff.
– Assist in camp coordination, camp set-up, day-to-day camp operations, camp teardown, and camp reconciliations
– Assist in fundraising event set-up and implementation (golf scramble, 5K, etc.).
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with sports camps preferred.
– Ability to manage budgets.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!