NubAbility Athletics Coach
“When I arrived at the camp, it was overwhelming to be surrounded by so many other athletes who had limb differences. It is not something I ever thought I would get to experience, which is why I am so happy to be a part of the Nub Family.”
Limb Difference: Traumatic
Type: Missing Left Hand
Sport: Archery, Basketball
When David was 2 years old, he had an accident at his family’s bakery that resulted in the loss of his left hand. Growing up, he had to adaptive to tying his shoes, zippers, buttons, and every day tasks.
As a child, David would hunt with a crossbow alongside his family and spent lots of time at “deer camp.” A few years ago, he got his wife a compound bow for her birthday. One day while shooting, David decided to give the bow a try too and hit the target the first shot. He has not looked back since! David recently became the Archery Manager of 717 Armory where he gets to live his passion every day.
Sports + Highlights:
● Taekwondo: practiced 10 years
● Steelton Highspire + Bishop Mcdevitt Highschool: Point Guard (4yrs)
● Steelton Highspire High School (PA): Pitcher/1st (4yrs)
● David loves archery, hunting, fishing, boating, camping, and everything Outdoors. He hosts an annual fishing tournament that his family started 33 years ago.
● He’s a big Penn State & UNC basketball fan
Connect with Coach
Are you a parent or athlete interested in contacting Coach David? Please email our office below explaining why you would like to connect. Our team would love to help!
COACH DAVID’S SOCIAL MEDIA:
SPONSOR A Coach
Your donation offsets NubAbility’s expenses for coach: meals, lodging, apparel, travel, personal equipment, insurance, training and team building opportunities.