NubAbility Athletics Coach
“I have absolutely loved watching campers learn new things and gain a sense of accomplishment at Nub Camp. It is beautiful to watch these athletes overcome fears and to see their confidence grow in sport and in life.”
Limb Difference: Traumatic
Type: Right Leg, BKA
Sport: Track & Field, Swimming
At 18, David crashed his motorcycle, which resulted in having his right leg amputated below the knee and as a traumatic head injury as well. David, who is a two-time national champion in the 400 meters, didn’t play organized sports growing up.
After David’s accident, he was given his first set of prosthetics in 2005 courtesy of Hanger Inc. After getting serious about training, David went on to compete in Track & Field for USA’s Paralympic Team twice (London 2012 and Rio 2016). He held the world record in the 200 and 400, and is the first unilateral amputee to go sub 50 in the 400m race. In addition, David also has competed in swimming competitions on a national level.
● Two-time Paralympian (2012, 2016); One-time medalist (1 bronze)
● Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, 6th (200m)
● London 2012 Paralympic Games, bronze (400m)
World Championship Experience:
● Most Recent: 2017 – 6th (400m), 7th (200m)
● Years of Participation: 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017
● Medals: 5 (3 silver, 2 bronze)
● Silver – 2015 (4x100m); 2013 (200m); 2011 (4x100m)
● Bronze – 2013 (400m); 2011 (400m)
Connect with Coach
Are you a parent or athlete interested in contacting Coach David? Please email our office below explaining why you would like to connect. Our team would love to help!
COACH DAVID’S SOCIAL MEDIA:
SPONSOR A Coach
Your donation offsets NubAbility’s expenses for coach: meals, lodging, apparel, travel, personal equipment, insurance, training and team building opportunities.