NubAbility Athletics Coach
“I am proud to be a Coach at NubAbility and to serve the next generation of limb different athletes.”
Limb Difference: Congenital
Type: Missing Left Hand
Sport: Speed, Strength & Agility
In 1999 in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Nik was born missing his left hand. He is proud to be the first ever Canadian Coach at Nubability! 🇨🇦
Nik has never let his amputation limit him to what he could accomplish, and he has competed at the highest level of various sports including hockey, soccer, basketball, and badminton.
At the University of British Columbia, Nik is now pursuing a degree in Biomedical Engineering in order to achieve his lifelong goal of starting a prosthetics design company. His future ambition is to utilize his bio-mechanics knowledge to remove all predisposed physical limitations and to enable other amputees to reach their full potential.
Sports + Highlights:
● Recruited annually to play for Team Canada Paralympic Hockey Team
● Played hockey for the Soo Jr Greyhounds (AAA Level)
● Silver Medalist – OFSAA Championships in Badminton
● Korah Collegiate & Vocational School (Ontario): Hockey, Soccer, Badminton & Basketball Player; MVP in Hockey & Badminton (1yr)
● 4th place – VEX Robotics World Championships; was a member of VEX Robotics Canada
● Marathon runner & a certified lifeguard
● Die-hard Boston Bruins fan
Connect with Coach
Are you a parent or athlete interested in contacting Coach Nik? Please email our office below explaining why you would like to connect. Our team would love to help!
COACH NIK’S SOCIAL MEDIA:
SPONSOR A Coach
Your donation offsets NubAbility’s expenses for coach: meals, lodging, apparel, travel, personal equipment, insurance, training and team building opportunities.