NubAbility Athletics Coach
“When Coaching, I can’t think about anything but how grateful I am to help other kids. It truly is a blessing, I could not ask for anything else but to be with this family.”
Limb Difference: Congenital
Type: Missing Left Arm
Shan was born in Luo Yang China, which is where he was adopted from at age five. Ever since he arrived in Onamia, MN, Shan has continued to shine in his community as an athlete and as an academic. At high school graduation, Shan will be his class’s valedictorian, and he will already have completed 41 college credits.
In 2019, Shan was awarded the “Triple A Award” in Minnesota, which is awarded to only one boy and one girl each year for the excellence in Academic, Arts, and Athletics in their state. He plans on using part of his Triple A scholarship to pursue a degree at North Dakota State University in prosthetics. Shan also plans on joining the symphonic band and marching band at NDSU as well.
Sports + Highlights:
● Onamia High School (MN): Center, Corner Back (4yrs); Awarded “All District Player” (2yrs)
● Onamia High School (MN): Forward, Center (4yrs)
● Onamia High School (MN): Catcher (4yrs); Awarded “All Conference” (1yr)
● Die-hard MN Vikings, Timberwolves and Rays fan
● Shan enjoys plays video games, and he uses both of his feet for the controller
● Enjoys playing lacrosse, soccer, tennis and ping pong for fun
Connect with Coach
Are you a parent or athlete interested in contacting Coach Shan? Please email our office below explaining why you would like to connect. Our team would love to help!
COACH SHAN’S SOCIAL MEDIA:
SPONSOR A Coach
Your donation offsets NubAbility’s expenses for coach: meals, lodging, apparel, travel, personal equipment, insurance, training and team building opportunities.