NubAbility Athletics Coach
“At Nub Camp, I really enjoy working with the campers and families, especially those who are new to adaptive sports. NubAbility Athletics has done an amazing job with their camps, and every event makes an impact on everyone involved.”
Limb Difference: Traumatic
Type: BKA, Left Leg
Sport: Strength Training
Tim understands the pain and frustration of amputation. As an 18-year-old, he was on the wrong end of a hunting mishap that cost him his left leg below the knee. Today, Tim is an experienced pedorthotist whose mission is to help improve the quality of life for his patients at Hanger Prosthetics and Orthotics in Herrin, IL
At his job, Tim uses new technologies to evaluate the needs of his patients and custom fit them for an artificial limb or orthotic device. He says that the most rewarding aspect of the business is watching a child adapt to their new surroundings. New technology means that it is much easier to get a good, intimate fit of a prosthesis for his patients.
Sports + Highlights:
● Enjoys competing in CrossFit events & obstacle course races
● Has achieved several Spartan Trifectas (which means Coach Tim finished one of each the Spartan distances – Sprint, Super and Beast (or Ultra) – in one calendar year)
● Competed in the Ragnar Relay alongside Amputee Blade Runners
● Enjoys running local 5k’s
● Attends his local CrossFit gym 5-6 times a week
Connect with Coach
Are you a parent or athlete interested in contacting Coach Tim? Please email our office below explaining why you would like to connect. Our team would love to help!
COACH TIM’S SOCIAL MEDIA:
SPONSOR A Coach
Your donation offsets NubAbility’s expenses for coach: meals, lodging, apparel, travel, personal equipment, insurance, training and team building opportunities.