VOLUNTEER AT ALL SPORTS CAMP
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at NubAbility Athletics Foundation’s Twelfth Annual All Sports Camp in Du Quoin, IL. We can not provide quality camps for limb-different youth without the selfless help of good people like you!
The 2024 Camp Schedule is:
Wednesday, July 17th – Camp set-up and camper family check-in
Thursday, July 18th – Outdoors day and evening launch party
Friday, July 19th through Sunday, July 21st – Sports days
Sunday, July 21st – Camp tear-down starting at 1:00 pm
You don’t have to be an athlete to make a difference! We need help in many different areas, including:
- Auction/Benefit – Be a Game Changer for kids while helping us pull off our biggest fundraiser of the year. Set up the silent auction, decorate, register guests, enter items in our online bidding platform and more. The benefit is Friday.
- AV – Run sound for opening and closing ceremonies, launch party and camp games.
- Camp Launch Party – Help us get camp off to a great start by setting up food for our Thursday night party.
- Camp Setup and Teardown – Bring your pick-up truck! Setup is Tuesday and Wednesday; teardown is Sunday afternoon.
- Camp Store – Put your retail skills to work in the Nub Shop and help us pay for camp. We’ll teach you how to use our point-of-sale and custom t-shirt presses.
- Check In/Registration/Info Desk – Calling all early birds! Check in coaches, kids and volunteers. Shifts start at 4:00 pm on Wednesday and 7:00 am on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Coach Hospitality – Set up and stock coach RVs, fix meals and more to make our volunteer coaches feel welcome.
- Concessions – Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, our concession stand is the place to go for healthy snacks.
- Donor Hospitality – Join us in planning and executing donor recognition and fundraising activities during camp.
- Facilities/Maintenance – Help us keep things clean at all of our camp locations.
- Fishing Assistant – Untangle lines, tie hooks and touch worms at our Outdoors Day fishing sessions on Thursday.
- Laundry – From coach bedding to benefit tablecloths, we generate a lot of laundry! We’ll provide the quarters and detergent; you get to wash and fold.
- Lifeguard – Open Water Sports – Support our wakeboarding program Thursday, Friday and Saturday on the lake at the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds. Lifeguard certification required.
- Little League Assistant – Help our coaches as they work with a very exuberant group of four- and five-year-olds.
- Meal Prep – Kitchen Work – We serve 1,600 meals at camp. Be part of the back-of-house team.
- Meal Service – It takes 25 runners per meal to get food from the kitchen to our families’ tables. Join us on Friday and Saturday for lunch and dinner.
- Medic – Volunteers needed to back up our onsite ambulance crew. Must have a medical license.
- Office/Tech – Like learning new software? Great at unjamming a printer? Do we need you! Help us the week before camp getting all our materials ready.
- Outdoors Day Planning/Setup – Six sports, four locations, lots of equipment and lots of kids having fun.
- Photography/Video/Social Media – Looking for photographers and videographers to capture great camp content as well as social media and graphic design pros to run the posting schedule from our war room.
- Safety – Our safeties are each assigned to a specific sport, where they keep track of participants and the schedule.
- Security – Manage access and patrol camp locations.
- Swimming Assistant – Help us keep kids afloat while our limb-different coaches run swimming classes at the Du Quoin Municipal Pool.
- Swimming Party – Set up snacks and keep things clean at the coolest event of camp.
- Transportation – Take your place at the wheel of one of our 15-passenger vans and help get our coaches where they need to be.
- Water & Ice – Keep our kids cool and hydrated by stocking and replenishing coolers throughout camp.
If you would like to make a difference for limb-different kids this year, please fill out and submit the form below!
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!