We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to work in tandem with our Business Director as we update and implement new business and accounting processes to support our nonprofit’s growth. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in gaining hands-on experience working with QuickBooks while making a difference for limb-different kids.
Accounting Process Development
– Research best practices for nonprofit budget management and reporting.
– Assist in defining policies, procedures and forms around standard financial processes, including expense reports, expense coding, and financial reporting practices.
– Help update general ledger chart of accounts to reflect nonprofit industry best practices and NubAbility budget process.
– Create reporting templates in QuickBooks to automate overall budget tracking and camp budget reconciliation.
Accounting Process Implementation
– Document donations in QuickBooks and produce receipts for donors.
– Gather, code and input expenses in QuickBooks.
– Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports for NubAbility board.
– Analyze year over year financial performance and emerging trends. Provide reports to NubAbility staff and board.
– Help create annual report.
– Gather information for sales tax compliance, state charity registrations, etc.
– Assist in the design and implementation of Square POS, sales reports and inventory management process for online and e-commerce Nub Shop.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with QuickBooks and standard accounting processes preferred.
– Familiarity with point-of-sale software preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Julie Grosse at email@example.com.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!