CONTENT CREATOR/SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
**NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING AND SUMMER INTERNSHIPS**
Showcase your visual and written creative skills across NubAbility’s communications platforms while learning what goes into the design and management of a high volume digital communications program. We are looking for an intern interested in the creative side of marketing to help us tell the inspiring stories of the limb-different children and coaches who come to our camps. This internship is designed to provide the student with opportunities to create and publish a wide range of digital content, from blog posts to sports highlights reels, while improving their photography, videography, graphic design and copywriting skills.
NubAbility social media accounts include Facebook (18k followers), Instagram (35k followers), LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter/X, and YouTube (12k followers).
– Participate in weekly pitch meetings with communications team to brainstorm and implement effective multi-platform creative content and integrated campaigns.
– Research and understand key target audiences; develop communications that effectively reach out to targets.
– Analyze marketing trends and the organization’s unique competitive environment.
– Create organic, compelling content including posts, stories, reels, videos and livestreams that promote engagement and channel growth.
– Design and implement program to increase channel size for one or more of NubAbility’s smaller channels.
– Design and implement at least one promotion or fundraising campaign.
– Design and implement one or more social media events/contests.
– Identify creative methods for repurposing content.
Photography and Video Production
– Plan and execute compelling, comprehensive photo and video shoots to gather assets for real-time camp coverage as well as ongoing marketing, social media and website needs.
– Shoot and edit camp highlights reels.
– Script, shoot and edit fundraising video.
– Shoot and conduct on-camera interviews with children, coaches and camper families.
– Develop interview scripts.
– Manage recruitment and scheduling process.
– Work with NubAbility coaches to design and implement sport tutorial program for website and YouTube.
– Serve as producer for livestreamed daily camp news show.
– Assign stories to volunteer team for coverage. Edit as needed.
– Design set, sound and camera set-up.
– Create branded onscreen graphics.
– Manage all technical aspects of livestream in StreamYard, including flow between live and canned video/sound content.
– Assist with digital asset management process, including tagging and organizing images and files.
– Review brand style guide and current templates; make recommendations for updates and improvements.
– Create on-brand graphics, templates and assets.
Blogging and Website
– Analyze search engine optimization opportunities for website.
– Using SEO practices, translate organization messages and communication objectives into focused digital content that generates inbound leads.
– Build and update blog posts and pages in WordPress.
– Assist with online store updates, including product page set-up in Woo Commerce, photography and copywriting.
– Collaborate with marketing and retail entrepreneur interns to create marketing campaigns for online store merchandise.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, summer intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 15th through July 21st. Some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube).
– Comfortable using/learning basic graphic design and video editing tools
– Experience shooting action footage preferred.
– Graphic animation skills a plus.
– Experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides (we will train on HootSuite, Canva and other software we use).
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and links to two video, photography or graphic design projects to Julie Grosse at email@example.com.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!