DIGITAL STRATEGY/SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
**NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING AND SUMMER INTERNSHIPS**
Learn how to create and grow a company’s online presence as you practice managing a nonprofit’s high volume social media program. From content strategy to scheduling to performance analytics, you will gain exposure in all aspects of social media management as you help us promote our national sports camps for limb-different children. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in social media to gain hands-on experience crafting and implementing strategies that help us find more kids to serve.
Social media accounts to be managed include Facebook (18k followers), Instagram (35k followers), LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter/X, and YouTube (12k followers).
– Participate in weekly pitch meetings with communications team to brainstorm and implement effective multi-platform creative content and integrated campaigns.
– Research and understand key target audiences; develop communications that effectively reach out to targets.
– Analyze marketing trends and the organization’s unique competitive environment.
– Develop and implement content strategy designed to drive engagement, impressions and awareness.
– Design program to increase channel size for one or more of NubAbility’s smaller channels.
– Manage effective camp promotion campaigns for new and existing camper families.
– Create one or more social media events/contests to foster excitement during countdown to camps.
– Develop strategies for camp visibility during live event dates, including community hashtags and content sharing.
– Create on-brand visual and written content including images, videos, quotes and campaigns.
– Own content optimization process.
– Provide feedback on performance across channels and tactics.
– Recommend high impact opportunities to optimize content for individual social media platforms.
– Create and implement paid social media advertising plan and budget.
– Research and recommend influencer (social media, blogger and podcaster) and brand partnerships.
– Develop content calendar for all social channels and maintain consistent posting schedule using HootSuite.
– Define content strategies and posts that ensure appropriate, balanced recognition for kids, coaches, volunteers, sponsors, etc. during and after camp.
– Coordinate delivery of creative content.
– Schedule volunteer photographers and videographers during camp.
– Create shot lists, forms and processes for managing volunteer social media team.
– Monitor and respond to social media conversations.
– Tag campers and coaches in posts.
– Research channel metrics and identify organic opportunities for growth through new campaigns and posting strategies.
– Create reports on channel growth, engagement and audience demographics.
– Keep up-to-date with trending topics for engagement opportunities.
– Perform a platform audit to ensure brand guidelines are implemented consistently across channels.
– Collaborate with retail entrepreneur intern and other marketing interns to create marketing campaigns for online store merchandise.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, summer intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 15th through July 21st. Some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube).
– Comfortable using/learning basic graphic design and video editing tools.
– Experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides (we will train on HootSuite, Canva and other software we use).
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and samples of two social media accounts the applicant currently manages (personal accounts are fine) to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!