FUNDING AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
We are looking for a reliable fundraising and development intern to work in tandem with our Co-Founder and Game Changer Benefit Chair as well as our Founder and Executive Director. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in fundraising and development or event planning management to gain hands-on experience in the planning of fundraising events, large and small, local and national in order to implement NubAbility sports camps across the country.
The funding and development intern is responsible for assisting in developing and implementing the comprehensive fundraising plan for the organization. This includes identifying and cultivating potential donors, developing and managing relationships with major donors, planning, implementing and closing out fundraising events and benefits, and securing grants and other funding sources. The funding and development intern will also play a key role in building and maintaining the organization’s brand and image.
Events range from small peer-to-peer grassroots online fundraising to a 600 in-person gala and will include assisting in managing logistics, marketing, materials, budgets, and timelines to ensure that all activities are a success.
Work in tandem with the Executive Director and the Game Changer Chair to ensure a successful implementation of both in-person and virtual fundraising programs and events.
– Assist in overseeing events (in-person and virtual), campaigns and activities related to fundraising and awareness.
– Assist in being a point of contact for all inquiries related to NubAbility fundraising and awareness.
– Work with all assigned fundraisers to ensure that events and campaigns are successful and reflect the organization’s mission and values.
– Assist in overseeing the implementation of the Annual Game Changer Benefit and Honors. Responsibilities include: database management, graphic and branding management, location management, program production, coordinating outreach, registration, sponsorship, volunteers, seeing to vendor communications and pre-event as well as day of needs, and fundraising sections of the event, such as silent auction, live auction, raffles, games, fund-a-need; event set-up, tear down and closeout items.
– Handle assigned communications, promotions, materials, logistics, and day-of event needs for fundraising events.
– Collaborate with the internal team to create content for materials and communications related to assigned fundraising and initiatives. Content may include (but are not limited to): emails, flyers, invitations, letters, website posts, social media campaigns and newsletters.
– Learn and manage fundraising software.
– Assist in maintaining the organization’s database, and other systems to ensure information related to fundraising is accurate and up-to-date.
– Assist in problem-solving issues that may arise.
– Ensure we have the equipment needed to operate each segment of the event successfully.
– Attend meetings with volunteers, vendors, donors and sponsors.
– Create materials needed for meetings with volunteers.
– Maintain a punchlist of all items needed to fulfill the promises to sponsors and donors and see each item through completion and delivery.
– Maintain a positive and customer friendly attitude with all parties involved in the events.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
– Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; weekend work will be required to support organization fundraisers.
– Attendance and more hours will be required during the week before and week of the Game Changer Benefit. It is requested that personal leisure activities not be planned during these two weeks. (July 8-21, 2024)
– Positive, CAN DO attitude and outgoing personality driven by passion to make a difference in the lives of people.
– Familiarity with sports and the important role they play in society is preferred, but not necessary.
– Ability to prioritize and track tasks in addition to excellent timeline management.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Demonstrates a command of using spreadsheets.
– Desire to establish a record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
– Sound judgment, integrity, and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
– Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, other interns, including assistants, staff, and senior management
– Advanced computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and strong aptitude to learn other software systems
– Experience with MailChimp and fundraising platforms or willingness to learn.
NubAbility offers a $2,000 stipend for this internship provided the intern works for three months with a total of 300 or more hours worked.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Julie Grosse at Info@nubability.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!