Marketing Communications/Media Relations Intern
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to help us promote our All Sports summer camp. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in marketing, public relations or journalism to gain hands-on experience designing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns.
– Create and execute camp promotion plan for new and existing camper families.
– Research list shares or cross-promotions with similar non-profits.
– Write and build email campaigns; track results.
– Develop outreach strategy to promote camp to children’s hospitals, prosthetists and other medical providers.
– Build lists.
– Design and execute direct mail and email campaigns.
– Make follow-up calls.
– Identify opportunities for free advertising and web listings; create content for same.
– Write and distribute press releases.
– Spearhead project to get releases placed in attending campers’ hometown newspapers.
– Update/expand NubAbility’s media list.
– Schedule interviews; act as on-site media coordinator during camp.
– Plan and pitch unique story ideas to publications.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Preferred start date May 17th or earlier. For the most part hours are flexible; however, this intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 12th through July 19th.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets (we will train on the other software we use).
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and writing sample (article, blog post or marketing piece preferred) to Julie Grosse at email@example.com by June 1, 2021. Post may be filled prior to deadline.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!