MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
Build your portfolio while helping us to promote diversity and inclusion in youth sports. Nonprofit NubAbility is looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to help us with communications around our national All Sports camp, which will bring more than 150 limb-different children and 80 limb-different coaches to Southern Illinois this July. This internship is designed to give the student exposure to a broad range of marketing disciplines and tactics and offers an excellent opportunity for a student interested in a career in marketing, public relations or journalism to gain hands-on experience designing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns.
– Participate in weekly pitch meetings with communications team to brainstorm and implement effective multi-platform creative content and integrated campaigns.
– Research and understand key target audiences; develop communications that effectively reach out to targets.
– Analyze marketing trends and the organization’s unique competitive environment.
– Create and execute camp promotion plans for new and existing camper families.
– Research list shares or cross-promotions with similar nonprofits.
– Write and build email campaigns; track results.
– Create social media campaigns and contests to generate excitement.
– Build on existing outreach strategy to promote camp to children’s hospitals, prosthetists and other medical providers, including list building, direct mail and email campaigns and cold calling.
– Design and implement integrated fundraising campaigns using multiple communications channels.
– Write promotional and blog copy for website.
– Identify opportunities for free advertising and web listings; create content for same.
– Write, distribute and pitch press releases.
– Spearhead project to get releases placed in attending campers’ and coaches’ hometown newspapers.
– Update/expand NubAbility’s media list.
– Schedule interviews and provide support to interested media; act as on-site press coordinator during camp.
– Research national publication editorial calendars and reporters; strategize on individual targeted pitches.
– Design and implement a social media campaign to grow new audiences or increase engagement on one or more of NubAbility’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter/X, YouTube).
– Assist in the planning and execution of camp-wide events.
– Support donor recognition/development events at All Sports camp.
– Work with merchandise team on advertising strategies and promotional materials for Nub Shop pop-up and e-commerce site.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, summer intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 15th through July 21st. Some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets (we will train on other software).
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and writing sample (article, blog post or marketing piece preferred) to Julie Grosse at email@example.com.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!