MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS/MEDIA RELATIONS INTERN
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to help us promote our national sports camps for limb-different children. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in marketing, public relations or journalism to gain hands-on experience designing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns.
– Create and execute integrated marketing campaigns for camps and fundraising, including brochures, direct mail, social media content, website copy, email campaigns, advertising, press releases, etc.
– Research list shares or cross-promotions with similar non-profits.
– Use analytics to track campaign results.
– Develop outreach strategy to promote camp to children’s hospitals, prosthetists and other medical providers.
– Build lists.
– Design and execute direct mail, email and phone campaigns.
– Identify opportunities for free advertising and web listings; create content for same.
– Write and distribute press releases.
– Spearhead project to get releases placed in attending campers’ hometown newspapers.
– Update/expand NubAbility’s media list.
– Plan and pitch unique story ideas to publications.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets (we will train on the other software we use).
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and writing sample (article, blog post or marketing piece preferred) to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!