We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to work in tandem with our Business Director as we update and implement new business and accounting processes to support our nonprofit’s growth. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in gaining hands-on experience working with QuickBooks while making a difference for limb-different kids.
Accounting Process Improvement
– Research best practices for nonprofit budget management and reporting.
– Assist in defining policies, procedures and forms around standard financial processes, including expense reports, expense coding, purchase approval and financial reporting practices.
– Help update general ledger chart of accounts to reflect nonprofit industry best practices and NubAbility budget process.
– Create reporting templates in QuickBooks to automate overall budget tracking, camp budget reconciliation and purchase order process.
Accounting Process Implementation
– Train interns and staff on new purchase order and transaction log process; ensure it is used correctly for all purchases.
– Serve as point person for “borrowed” American Express cards. Track receipt of purchase documentation; follow up with users as needed.
– Gather, code and input expenses in QuickBooks under the direction of NubAbility’s bookkeeper. Monitor actual expenditures vs. forecasts for All Sports Camp budget.
– Document donations in QuickBooks under the direction of NubAbility’s bookkeeper and produce receipts for donors.
– Identify and track all 2024 in-kind donations through All Sports Camp. Confirm market value with donors, log in QuickBooks and provide donor receipts.
– Train coaches, interns and volunteers on expense reimbursement policy and process; ensure it is used correctly for all purchases.
– Gather coach expense reports. Initiate reimbursements in Venmo and PayPal after Executive Director approval.
– Assist in running timeclock reports and preparing payroll.
– Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports for NubAbility board.
– Analyze year over year financial performance and emerging trends. Provide reports to NubAbility staff and board.
– Help create annual report.
– Gather information for sales tax compliance, state charity registrations, etc.
– Assist in the design and ongoing maintenance of Square POS, including sales reports and inventory management process for online and e-commerce Nub Shop.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, summer intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 15th through July 21st. Some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with QuickBooks and standard accounting processes preferred.
– Familiarity with point-of-sale software preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!