RETAIL ENTREPRENEUR INTERN
**NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER INTERNSHIP ONLY**
Discover whether you have what it takes to run your own start-up business when you plan and manage NubAbility’s summer camp pop-up shop and ecommerce site. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in learning the fundamentals of retail business operations, including budget creation, product design and sourcing, inventory management, sales and promotion strategies and employee development in brick-and-mortar as well as online environments. Plus, you will be making a big difference for limb-different kids: Our camp shop raises enough money each year to pay for one of our clinics.
– Research market trends and existing customer demographics/buying patterns.
– Determine new product offering – including sourcing, pricing strategy, and design – and manage against budget.
– Set sales strategy for existing product.
– Collaborate with marketing interns to create promotional materials for shop, including signage, advertising to camper families, direct mail and social media campaigns, etc.
– Run onsite Nub Shop during camp.
– Organize and price all merchandise.
– Manage set-up and tear-down of onsite shop.
– Create and implement a compelling visual merchandising strategy.
– Coordinate and train volunteer shop staff.
– Update all inventory in point-of-sale system.
– Track and reconcile inventory on hand against sales.
– Use website analytics to identify opportunities to optimize product selection, categorization and the customer journey.
– Recommend seasonal product assortment refresh.
– Manage new product photoshoot.
– Maintain all inventory on website.
– Develop a strategy for social media merchandise sales (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
– Collaborate with marketing interns to create marketing campaigns for online store merchandise.
– Inventory and organize on-hand product.
– Design standard operating procedures, data dashboards and reports that increase insight into the effectiveness of the merchandise program as a fundraising tool.
– Identify opportunities for innovation and process improvement across NubAbility’s merchandise sales channels.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, this intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 15th through July 21st. Some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with core business concepts.
– Ability to build and manage budgets.
– Comfortable using/learning web technologies needed for online shop.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility offers a $2,000 stipend for this internship provided the intern works for three months with a total of 300 or more hours worked.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and links to any online sales experience the applicant has (online shop, Ebay or Etsy seller, Facebook marketplace postings, etc.) to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!