CAMP OPERATIONS INTERN
We are looking for a reliable camp operations intern to work in tandem with our Executive Director as we put on a four-day, 19-sport camp for 150 limb-different children in July. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in sports management, event planning or physical education to gain hands-on experience in the planning and implementation of large and small sports camps across the country.
– Ensure we have the equipment needed to operate successfully by organizing and inventorying sports equipment that we have on hand and new equipment as it comes in.
– Submit a report containing all items and their worth for the Executive Director to use when filing taxes.
– Source and order equipment as needed for camps.
– Use our inventory tracking method to ensure all NubAbility-owned equipment makes it to and from camp locations.
– Create materials needed for camps, clinics and meetings with volunteers, coaches, and staff.
– Assist in problem-solving issues that may arise.
– Assist in the setting up and tearing down of each station at camp.
– Ensure each camp coaching staff has their desired equipment at their sport’s location on a daily basis.
– Design, manage and implement key camp-wide events:
– NubAbility Camp Games.
– NubAbility Outdoors Day Archery Competition.
– NubAbility Outdoors Day Fishing Competition.
– Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
– Host NubAbility’s Pro Day; supervise coaches running the event.
– Work with the Executive Director and local law enforcement to implement camp security program; oversee security volunteers during camp.
– Assist the Executive Director, Operations Manager and Sports Management Intern with All Sports Camp registration
– Learn NubAbility’s registration system, ActiveCamps.
– Answer camper family questions and modify registrations in the run-up to camp.
– Check in campers on registration day.
– Work with the Sports Management Intern to make on-the-fly camper schedule changes during camp.
– Assist with fundraising events.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, summer intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 15th through July 21st. Some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with sports camps preferred.
– Familiarity with Google Workspace products, especially Google Sheets.
– Ability to efficiently manage tasks and maintain an organized workflow.
– Ability to safely lift 50lbs.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Julie Grosse at email@example.com.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!