Event Programming Intern
We are looking for a reliable camp programming intern to work in tandem with our Executive Director. The programming intern will be immersed in NubAbility’s 9th Annual All-Sports Summer Camp planning and implementation. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in sports management, event planning or physical education to gain hands-on experience in the planning and implementation of a 800+ person multi-day event.
– Work in tandem with the Executive Director as we prepare for our 9th Annual All Sports Camp.
– Communicate with families, coaches, and volunteers to ensure a successful implementation of camp.
– Assist in problem-solving issues that may arise.
– Ensure we have the equipment needed to operate successfully.
– Organize, price, and inventory sports equipment.
– Coordinate and train volunteer equipment team.
– Create an inventory tracking method to ensure all NubAbility-owned equipment makes it to and from camp locations.
– Assist in COVID-19 mitigation planning.
– Attend meetings with donors and sponsors to learn how to fund events.
– Assist in the fundraising strategy for camps.
– Create materials needed for meetings with volunteers, coaches, and staff.
– Assist in booking travel and lodging for NubAbility coaches.
– Assist in coach coordination, camp set-up, day-to-day camp operations, camp teardown, and camp reconciliations
– Oversee camp operations and report directly to the Executive Director.
– Inventory and organize on-hand equipment and materials.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, this intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 12th through July 19th.
– Familiarity with sports camps preferred.
– Ability to manage budgets.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2021. Post may be filled prior to the deadline.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!