Food Program Coordinator
We are looking for a high energy intern to help us keep coaches, kids and their families fed during our All Sports summer camp. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in real-world experience in restaurant management and event planning.
– Create and track food program budget.
– Plan meals based on budget and nutritional needs (including individual dietary restrictions as needed).
– Solicit food donations; negotiate for discounted food rates where payment is required.
– Order all meals and meal components.
– Maintain and confirm food delivery schedule. Pick up food that cannot be delivered.
– Run on-site cafeteria kitchen. (Note: A member of the school district’s cafeteria staff is on-site at all times in the cafeteria to assist during camp.)
– Create prep plans and work assignments.
– Manage 8-10 volunteers per meal.
– Ensure that premises are kept clean and that safe food handling requirements are observed.
– Arrange for delivery of unused food to area food pantries after event.
– Clean kitchen (with volunteer team) to school district specifications at the end of event.
Internship start date May 17th or earlier. For the most part hours are flexible; however, this intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 14th through July 18th.
– Strong cooking skills. We do a mix of catered meals and meals prepared in-house. We also keep a substantial salad bar stocked throughout the weekend.
– Knowledge of safe food handling practices. Food safety certification preferred.
– Track record of organizing and managing complex projects and large numbers of other people.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Julie Grosse at email@example.com by June 1, 2021. Post may be filled prior to deadline.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!