We are looking for a savvy merchandising intern to plan and run our Nub Shop during All Sports summer camp as well as help us relaunch our online store. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in retail to gain experience setting product offering and pricing strategies.
– Determine new product offering – including sourcing, pricing strategy, and design – and manage against budget.
– Set sales strategy for existing product.
– Create promotional materials for shop, including signage, advertising to camper families, direct mail and social media campaigns, etc.
– Run onsite Nub Shop during camp.
– Organize, price and display merchandise.
– Coordinate and train volunteer shop staff.
– Set up all inventory in point-of-sale system.
– Track and reconcile inventory on hand against sales.
– Determine new product offering, including sourcing (we want to do a drop shipper) and pricing strategy, and manage against budget.
– Manage product photo shoot.
– Set up all inventory in website and Facebook online stores.
– Create promotional materials for online store launch.
– Inventory and organize on-hand product.
– Source and order all camper, coach and volunteer t-shirts and swag for camp.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start date May 17th or earlier. For the most part hours are flexible; however, this intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 12th through July 19th.
– Familiarity with core retail merchandising concepts.
– Ability to build and manage budgets.
– Comfortable using/learning web technologies needed for online shop.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and links to any online sales experience the applicant has (online shop, Ebay or Etsy seller, Facebook marketplace postings, etc.) to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021. Post may be filled prior to deadline.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!