We are looking for a savvy merchandising intern to plan and run our Nub Shop during All Sports summer camp as well as help us relaunch our online store. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in retail to gain experience setting product offering and pricing strategies.
– Determine new product offering – including sourcing, pricing strategy, and design – and manage against budget.
– Set sales strategy for existing product.
– Create promotional materials for shop, including signage, advertising to camper families, direct mail and social media campaigns, etc.
– Run onsite Nub Shop during camp.
– Organize, price and display merchandise.
– Coordinate and train volunteer shop staff.
– Set up all inventory in point-of-sale system.
– Track and reconcile inventory on hand against sales.
– Determine new product offering, including sourcing and pricing strategy, and manage against budget.
– Manage product photo shoot.
– Set up all inventory in website and Facebook online stores.
– Create promotional materials for online store launch.
– Inventory and organize on-hand product.
– Source and order camper, coach and volunteer t-shirts and swag for camp.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, this intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 5th through July 19th.
– Familiarity with core retail merchandising concepts.
– Ability to build and manage budgets.
– Comfortable using/learning web technologies needed for online shop.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility offers a $1,500 stipend for this internship provided the intern works for three months with a total of 300 or more hours.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and links to any online sales experience the applicant has (online shop, Ebay or Etsy seller, Facebook marketplace postings, etc.) to Julie Grosse at email@example.com.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!