We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized operations manager to help us with year-round camp logistics, promotions, research and office management.
– Source vendors, including facilities and hotels. Negotiate rates.
– Make all coach travel and lodging plans.
– Manage room blocks.
– Schedule transportation to and from airport, including car rentals.
– Track coach reimbursements.
– Manage/inventory/pack/transport equipment, t-shirts, swag bags and supplies for each camp.
– Create and implement packing lists and set-up checklists.
– Maintain accurate inventory of all camp supplies and initiate restocks as needed.
– Stage and ship equipment and supplies.
– Assist with camp and event set-up and tear-down as needed.
– Communicate with families, coaches and third parties.
– Additional operations tasks for All Sports Camp:
– Maintain master list of coach lodging assignments.
– Maintain and administer on-site coach transportation.
– Prepare and print coach communications and training materials.
– Create volunteer schedule and send confirmations. Work with local groups to recruit additional volunteers.
– Plan camp opening and closing ceremonies, including AV needs.
Camp Scheduling and Registrations
– Maintain master camp schedule and project plan for year; track work status.
– Create and maintain ACTIVE CAMPS registration forms.
– Track registration issues such as payments and waiver completion; resolve with Business Director.
– Manage ACTIVE CAMPS database, including data integrity, naming conventions, and consistency.
– Provide detailed custom reports to the Executive Director and the Business Director upon request.
– Additional registration tasks for All Sports Camp:
– Group and schedule campers for sessions.
– Create registration folders for attendees.
Merchandise and Supplies
– Ensure all merchandise and supply orders are accurate, including order tracking, inventory and distribution. Maintain shared tracking log for office.
– Inventory and organize all on-hand product. Maintain updated inventory records.
– Manage Square POS software platform:
– Keep database up-to-date.
– Add items and reconfigure menus as needed for specific events/sales opportunities.
– Design and implement process to manage all inventory tracking using Square.
– Create training materials/train volunteers on Square system.
– Source and order camper, coach and volunteer t-shirts and swag for all camps.
– Manage budget for, order and organize all general office supplies.
– Assist in the creation and maintenance of the online Nub Shop.
– Oversee Nub Shop at All Sports Camp, including training all volunteers on Square.
– Update call lists for each camp, make calls and follow up with camp information.
– Area hospitals and prosthetists.
– Families with limb-different children who have previously attended the camp or who live in the region.
– Create and share Facebook events for all camps and fundraisers; research additional groups to join.
– Assist with social media posting as directed.
– Additional promotions tasks for All Sports Camp:
– Assist in creation of All Sports camp program book, including coupon solicitation from local businesses.
– Identify potential donors and sponsors as well as grant opportunities for both NubAbility Athletics and NubAbility Outdoors.
– Answer phones, schedule meetings, make copies, provide general administrative support.
– Maintain an organized, tidy environment in all NubAbility facilities, including office, inventory room and storage unit.
– Assist the Executive Director and Business Director in all fundraising efforts.
– Run errands as needed (mileage reimbursed).
– Support other foundation efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or mailings need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
– Full-time, hourly position working 37.5 hours/week; some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Position must work out of NubAbility offices in Du Quoin, IL.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Meticulous attention to detail.
– Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets (we will train on ACTIVE CAMPS, Square and other software we use).
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
– Health insurance with an 80/20 payment split.
Email a resume, cover letter and personal reference to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!