Social Media Intern
We are looking for a high energy social media intern to help us promote our All Sports summer camp. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in social media to gain hands-on experience creating content, analyzing performance, and building brand recognition through paid and organic promotion.
– Research channel metrics and identify organic opportunities for growth through new campaigns and posting strategies.
– Manage pre-camp promotion plan for new and existing camper families.
– Design, post, monitor and adjust content.
– Create and implement paid social media advertising plan and budget.
– Create one or more social media events/contests to drive excitement during countdown to camp.
– Develop strategies for camp visibility during event dates, including community hashtags and content sharing.
– Define content strategies and posts that ensure appropriate, balanced recognition for kids, coaches, volunteers, sponsors, etc. during and after camp.
– Work with photographers and videographers on shot lists.
– Set up tutorial and testimonial filming schedule for videographer.
– Take photographs and videos as time permits.
– Monitor and respond to social media conversations.
– Work with Merchandise Coordinator to promote Nub gear and Marketing/Media Relations Coordinator to amplify press coverage.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Preferred start date May 17th or earlier. For the most part hours are flexible; however, this intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 12th through July 19th.
– Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube)
– Comfortable using/learning basic graphic design and video editing tools.
– Experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides (we will train on HootSuite and other software we use).
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and samples of two social media accounts the applicant currently manages (personal accounts are fine) to Julie Grosse at email@example.com by June 1, 2021. Post may be filled prior to deadline.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!