SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
We are looking for a high energy social media intern to help us promote our national sports camps for limb-different children. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in social media to gain hands-on experience creating content, analyzing performance, and building brand recognition through paid and organic promotion.
– Research channel metrics and identify organic opportunities for growth through new campaigns and posting strategies.
– Manage pre-camp promotion plan for new and existing camper families.
– Design, post, monitor and adjust content.
– Create and implement paid social media advertising plan and budget.
– Create one or more social media events/contests to drive excitement during countdown to camps.
– Develop strategies for camp visibility during event dates, including community hashtags and content sharing.
– Define content strategies and posts that ensure appropriate, balanced recognition for kids, coaches, volunteers, sponsors, etc. during and after camp.
– Work with photographers and videographers on shot lists.
– Set up tutorial and testimonial filming schedule for videographer.
– Take photographs and videos as time permits.
– Monitor and respond to social media conversations.
– Work with Merchandise Coordinator to promote Nub gear and Marketing/Media Relations Coordinator to amplify press coverage.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube).
– Comfortable using/learning basic graphic design and video editing tools.
– Experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides (we will train on HootSuite, Canva and other software we use).
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Track record of successfully planning and organizing projects.
NubAbility is unable to offer a salary for this position. We are happy to work with students interested in using this internship for college credit.
Email a resume, cover letter, personal reference and samples of two social media accounts the applicant currently manages (personal accounts are fine) to Julie Grosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!