SPORTS MANAGEMENT INTERN
**NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING AND SUMMER INTERNSHIPS**
The NubAbilily Athletics Foundation is seeking a sports administration intern for spring and summer 2024. NubAbility is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation that builds courage and confidence in limb-different youth through sports. NubAbility holds camps for acquired and congenital limb-different youth aged 4-17 to teach them to play mainstream organized sports and provide them with coaches who are accomplished limb-different athletes. Since 2012 NubAbility has served over 1,900 limb-different youth from 49 states and 11 countries through sports camps held in 14 states. We will select a candidate following a job interview.
NubAbility is offering a sports administration internship in which an intern will experience every facet of operating nonprofit sports camps that deal directly with children and diversity and inclusion in sports. You will receive training in event planning, budget creation, implementation and tracking, facility acquisition, and day-to-day operations. This will ensure that you receive the basic training and understanding of what life in the nonprofit sports camp world looks like.
INTERNSHIP FOCUS AREAS
Camp Programming and Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Assist with camp operations and provide a quality experience for all families, coaches, and volunteers.
– Assist the Executive Director in managing a staff made up of volunteer workers.
– Perform an in-depth analysis of potential camp locations by researching locations and the limb-different market. Then use the research results to plan a new camp from scratch using NubAbility’s camp planning model.
– Help staff and volunteers set up and break down each camp and event.
– Assist with the planning and execution of camps, fundraising events, benefits, and multi-channel marketing campaigns.
– Assist the Executive Director in facility and equipment acquisition.
– Participate as a team member through meetings and offer support to other team members.
– Assist with the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit athletic organization.
– Assist in researching grant opportunities and writing of grants.
– Assess and research potential sponsors and donors to develop accurate and influential fundraising plans.
– Assist the Executive Director in maintaining compliance in each state that requires NubAbility to register.
– Assist in budget creation, implementation, and tracking.
– Support camp logistics efforts as needed during crunch time. We are a team so if equipment needs to be hauled or packets need to be stuffed, we all pitch in.
Internship start/end dates and hours are flexible; however, summer intern must be available to work full days on-site every day from July 15th through July 21st. Some weekend work may be required to support camp operations and organization fundraisers.
– Excellent organizational skills and proficiency in Google Suite.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Ability to recognize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
– Self-starter who is motivated to build new programs and exceed expectations.
– Coachable individual who displays a positive image and responds to all in a timely manner.
– The applicant must currently be an enrolled junior or senior at Southern Illinois University.
– This position requires 20 hours a week up to a minimum of 300 hours total.
NubAbility offers a $2,000 stipend for the summer internship *ONLY* provided the intern works for three months with a total of 300 or more hours worked.
Upon successful completion of this internship, along with adhering to the course requirements from Southern Illinois University, the applicant will fulfill the six credit hours required by the Internship in Sports Management Course.
Email a resume, cover letter, and personal reference to Sam Kuhnert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Join our NubAbility® mailing list to hear about upcoming adaptive sport camp announcements, feel good stories and more. Stay connected!